Saturday, April 05, 2008

Need Hot Sexy Singles? Facebook will show you how!

So apparently Facebook reckons I'm a desperate single loser. Why else would it be consistently showing me ads that say "Find hot singles now!" or "Do you want a relationship? Find people at blah" or "Meet Aussie Babes" around the clock whenever I login. Clearly having my relationship status as 'Single' was a big mistake. Now I cannot get rid of these ads!

Maybe I should start a relationship just to get rid of these ads. But who knows what ELSE it might start promoting. Maybe it'll start selecting places to buy expensive diamond rings, and worse yet maybe tell my partner "Get your partner to buy this gold necklace from Tiffanys for only $5k". Is there no end to what Facebook can get upto?

Anyway I did remove the relationship information in my facebook profile and consequently had 10 people ask me, 'oooo how come you're not listed as single anymore?'. It was somewhat depressing telling them that I had simply just removed it to try and rid of ads (which didn't work by the way).

No comments: