Friday, August 17, 2007

Lady I wasn't born yesterday...

So I went to Bar333 at Wynyward for Marty's farewell party. It was great to catch up with friends and to see Marty before he left forever to HK, but I had this particularly off putting moment during the night.

I went to buy a drink at the bar, and I started looking at the cocktail menu. This very pretty chick asks me for it next. I was fairly certain what I wanted, so I give it to her and just strike up a conversation with her while we waited for service. All seemed to go ok until she turns around to chat to her friend. At this very instant, I get served and then she turns back and goes, damn could you add my drink onto your order...she didn't have cash in her hand, so its an obvious, buy me a drink scenario.

I'm thinking "Lady I wasn't born yesterday.." and I lied saying "Sorry I'm short, but I can get the bartender to serve you next and you can handle it." Just as I suspected she started to ignore me after that. I was not at all surprised, and frankly would have loved to have seen the look on her face when I didn't pay for it (cos we had a bar tab for Marty's group) . Realistically I would have bought her something if she kept talking, but she was clearly just a bar fly thinking I'm an easy guy to fake. Maybe theres a protocol for this, but realistically I'm not interested in cheapskates, regardless of how good looking they are.

It was definitely as annoying a moment as finding out the new girl downstairs Kirsty (or Kristy?) had a boyfriend and is also an young-un. Seriously where can a guy find a nice girl these days? No don't say RSVP...that's not happening..EVER!

No comments: