Friday, July 20, 2007

That song ISN'T sung by the Dixie Chicks,

Its actually Alecia Moore, or far more famously known as Pink, who is singing the song 'Hey Mr President'. This song takes the angle of a person asking tough moral questions to the Bush. The song is so touching, yet so filled with disdain for George Bush that I automatically thought it would be the Dixie Chicks. And who said Pop music was just fluff material. One of my favourite sections of this song is:

"Let me tell you bout hard work
Minimum wage with a baby on the way
Let me tell you bout hard work
Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away
Let me tell you bout hard work
Building a bed out of a cardboard box
Hard work
You don't know nothing bout hard work"

Its such obvious things, but at the same time its inspirational. Speaking of inspirational things, I would highly recommend you take a little while out to watch "Shut up and Sing", the documentary of the Dixie Chicks in the wake of their criticism of Bush during the start of the second Iraq war. The review from SMH pretty much sums it up quite well, so I won't repeat it here. I find movies like this restore my flagging faith in society and humanity in general. They may be celebrities but they are people too.

Its all good and well for Pink to stick it Bush when the rest of the US finally has realized he done more damage to the world than good, but the Dixie Chicks showed that the majority doesn't make it right.

No comments: