Sunday, May 28, 2006

Eating your co-workers. I mean with.

On saturday night, I went out to dinner and drinks with a few work friends. Nothing major, just about 15 of us having a bit of fun outside of work. We went to this great little place called Thai Foon in Darling Harbour. I can highly recommend it if you ever do dinner in the city.
The food was good and well priced, the service was great, even for our large crowd (we had our food out in 10mins!) and there was nice views of Darling Harbour.

One of these work friends commented that it was weird seeing work people outside of work. A few years ago I would have thought so, but lately I'm not fond of this notion. When you spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with these people, then theres no reason why you can't be friends outside of work. Generally, you'd think this would lead to better productivity as you know what your co-workers are like, and also mean you got someone to turn to when you're in difficulty.

I think it helps if they are reasonably in the same age group though. After you go about 10 years one way or another, its not that straightforward. There is definitely a massive generational gap every decade and you can't always relate. There's some overlap but not as much. Anyway I should do some work. As they say, TTFN. Ta Ta for now!

No comments: